Who is Dr. Saleha Ehsan, a British-born Pakistani who fought in the fields of journalism and medicine?

صالحہ

British-born Pakistani doctor and journalist Dr Saleha Ehsan is currently living in the UK and is in a strange predicament. The dilemma is that not only he but also his two sisters are doctors and one brother belongs to the pharmacy sector. His mother died recently, while his father is elderly and ill. In this epidemic situation, it is very important for them to work in the hospital, but it has become their obligation to stay in the hospital. Dr. Saleha Ehsan is currently most concerned about her father's health. Despite these difficulties, she is fighting the corona virus using both her skills, journalism and medicine. "We can't take care of our father because of the war against Corona," she said. This situation is likely to continue for a long time. But my father knows the situation, he tries to deal with it on his own. Dr Saleha Ehsan also has the honor of being the first Muslim officer to be trained at the Royal Military Academy in the United Kingdom. "I had antibody and corona tests a few days ago," says Dr Saleha Ehsan. Since then I have been serving in a hospital in South Wales. I see dozens of patients a day. Most of them are Corona patients. ”The situation is a bit harsh, but I and all the medical staff in the UK are fully prepared that no matter how difficult the situation is, we will have to fight to victory against Corona. Defeat is not an option. ”Dr. Saleha Ehsan was born in Britain. His parents Muhammad Ehsan and Fauzia Ehsan had migrated from Pakistan to the UK. Fauzia Ehsan was a British citizen before moving to the UK. Both were teachers by profession. Dr Saleha began her career on BBC Radio. After which he received a commission from the Royal Military Academy. Apart from the BBC, Dr Saleha Ehsan has also been a part of the Guardian, I Television, Channel Four and other British media. Since the onset of the corona virus epidemic, she has been running information programs on the corona virus on BBC Health Radio and now on Channel Four. According to Dr. Saleha Ehsan, she was influenced by doctors serving patients in Bosnia under the auspices of NATO, after which she left the army in 2000 to enroll in medicine. After completing her medical education, she practically became involved in the medical profession, but also continued her career in journalism. "I have had the opportunity to work in different countries of the world, including Pakistan, India, Kashmir, Syria, Iraq, Libya, Congo and other war and disaster-stricken countries," she said. He said that he was very impressed with his grandfather Ali Bahadur Khan Tanoli and his brothers, editor Munshi Qalandar Khan Tanoli and Sher Muhammad Khan Tanoli. There are instrumental figures. "These were three brothers," says Saleha. Munshi Qalandar Khan Tanoli was the eldest. Who started two newspapers Edward Gazette and Naseem Hind from Haripur district in the early 19th century. The British used to write harsh articles against the government. After which he will die for unknown reasons, "she said." I was told by my mother and others that he had been poisoned. " He was evicted from his native Haripur district. At that time, my grandfather Ali Bahadur Khan Tanoli and his brother Sher Muhammad Khan Tanoli were young. But he worked hard even in the most difficult conditions, getting an education after which he joined the civil service during the British rule and continued to serve in different countries of the world including Kenya. According to Saleha, Ali Bahadur Khan Tanoli had organized the post office department in a modern way during this period. He decided to settle in Pakistan after the partition of the subcontinent and the overthrow of the British government in Kenya. In recognition of his services, the Queen awarded him the MBE, the UK's highest civilian honor. "After that, some of our family members decided to settle in Pakistan and some in the UK," she says. Dr Saleha Ehsan said, "I know I am an emergency doctor. It is my responsibility to provide first aid to any patient or suspect. " "I can't say now how many patients and suspects I've examined before," she said. This is against morality and is not allowed.
"But I have seen and understood in the meantime that there is a lot of fear among the common people, although it is not possible to deal with it out of fear and apprehension, but more caution is needed," Saleha said. There is also a lack of awareness among the people. The death toll could be higher, but the death toll could not be higher. He said that because of this he has thought of providing treatment to the people as well as spreading awareness among them. "I want to use my journalistic experience to make people in the UK aware that Corona is not to be feared, but to be confronted," she said. "For which I first tried to raise awareness through BBC Health Radio. In which some programs were done. I am now fulfilling my mission through Channel Four. "I am the only journalist who went inside the hospital where Corona patients are being treated," he said. From where we informed the public about the situation and provided information. Which is yielding good results. He said that apart from this, some other awareness projects are also being worked on. It's just a matter of remembering that creating chaos at the moment can make things worse, but standing up with courage and courage has made a lot of things better. Dr. Saleha Ehsan said, “At present our preparations are complete. We have been trained on how to do it. Every patient will come to us. He will stand outside the emergency room. He will be given a mask immediately first. After which he will be transferred to a separate room. The emergency doctor, who is fully dressed in protective clothing, will examine the patient. There will be tests and based on the results it will be decided to transfer the patient separately. "In the meantime, we have to work to keep the patient's morale high," he said. "According to Dr Saleha Ehsan, she is in touch with many doctors at the moment," he said. They tell me their experiences and I tell them my experiences. There are also contacts with some foreign doctors. That's how we learn and learn. " He said that there was a shortage of safety equipment at present. But he hopes the issue will be resolved in a few days. "We are trying to tell people that masks can also be made at home. So it is better for people to start making it in their homes now. Dr Saleha Ehsan said that the conditions that have developed in the UK at the moment and the climatic conditions in the UK suggest that people associated with medicine may have to work for a long time. "I got my medical education by seeing doctors serving patients in war-torn areas," she says. Since then I have served in various countries around the world. "Now, if my people and my country, the United Kingdom, need me, I am mentally and physically prepared to do what I have to do and never give up." "I have an emotional connection with Pakistan," she says. I hope Pakistan is not needed but if need be I am present.

Post a Comment

0 Comments